Wednesday, August 30, 2017

To Paint or Not to Paint? - August 10, 2017

So the cabinets look clean and the laminate smells good but the raw wood parts start to smell musty again soon after they are cleaned no matter what product has been used on them.

I had a chat with my Aunt who has done a camper before and she thinks I should paint the raw wood and seal in the smell. I think she's probably right. Purists may not like it but I think I'm going to end up with a clean looking and clean smelling camper so how can that be bad?

I also decided to remove the upholstery on the seats and small pieces that don't zip open. That meant pulling out about a million staples and washing the plaid and removing the foam. It needs to be replaced. It's in decent condition with very little break down but it smells old and it seems silly to not replace it at this point.

I'm painting the wood with an oil based enamel that I have left over from the interior of my kitchen drawers. I'm already happy I decided to do it. The laminate will still look the same.





No comments:

Post a Comment