Tuesday, August 22, 2017

My Hippie Bus - June 1, 2017

I think I've always wanted a "hippie bus". When I was little we had one. I barely remember it but I guess it left some impression. Leading up to my 40th birthday I hinted to Donnie that I really should get one for my birthday. I had no idea what I was asking except a vague notion that these buses were now old and probably not in great shape. And probably expensive. I didn't get one.

So just this spring Donnie phoned me at work.

Donnie: How much money is in our account?
Me: Why? What are you buying now?

A little background is that my coworkers get a great kick out of learning what new deal Donnie has on the go and call him the kijiji king.

Donnie: Never mind, I'll figure it out myself.

A few hours later he texted me this photo with the message "New wheels for Mama!"

A day later a tow truck delivered the green beast and when I arrived home from work it was in our yard. It's a 1975 Volkswagon bay window with Westfalia camper interior. Apparently it cost us "next to nothing". I'm sure that will change.






No comments:

Post a Comment